As part of GamesHub’s Game of the Year 2022 festivities, we’ve invited various game developers to share their favourite games of the year. In this edition, three developers from Massive Monster, the studio behind Cult of the Lamb, share their favourite games.
Massive Monster has had an absolutely massive year, with Cult of the Lamb‘s release making a major impact, selling one million copies in its launch week, as well as winning the team an Australian Game Developer Award, GamesHub’s overall Game of the Year award, and likely several more to come in the new year.
You can follow Massive Monster on Twitter.
Read: Cult of the Lamb: a look behind the scenes with Melbourne’s Massive Monster
I instantly fell in love when I first saw Poinpy, it’s just a fun name. POINPY!
It’s also a great lesson on simple game design executed perfectly, wrapped up in personality, quirky art style and a meta progression that keeps you coming back. – Julian Wilton, Creative Director
Ship of Fools
Ship of Fools is one of my standouts for 2022! I found it has such an addictive meta loop and easy-to-pick-up gameplay. I also love the cute style of all the characters and the detail of the bosses.
Plus, the in-game map is just genius! The game had me hooked within the first 2 minutes! – Harrison Gibbins, Programmer
It features no vampires, and you cannot survive. Move with a single stick and zone out for 30 minutes. It’s the greatest Flash game ever made that wasn’t made in Flash, and a decade later.
You never get what you want from it, but every death is still your fault. – Antony Lavelle, Programmer
For more on the best games of 2022, explore the rest of our game of the year coverage:
- Cult of the Lamb wins GamesHub’s Game of the Year 2022
- The Best Nintendo games of 2022
- The Best PlayStation games of 2022
- The Best Xbox games of 2022
- The Best PC games of 2022
- The Best mobile games of 2022
- The 5 best indie games of 2022 you definitely didn’t play
- Edmond Tran’s Top 10 Games of 2022
- Leah Williams’ Top 10 Games of 2022
- Emily Spindler’s top 10 games of 2022
- Meredith Hall on 2022 with God of War, Card Shark, and RMIT Games
- Award-winning developers Fuzzy Ghost on their favourite games of 2022
- Umurangi Generation developer on the impactful moments of 2022
- Tempopo developer Sanatana Mishra’s favourite games of 2022
- Kelsey Gamble’s Top 4 Games of 2022
- David Wildgoose on his Game of the Year for 2022: Elden Ring
- Wayward Strand dev Goldie Bartlett shares her top games of 2022
- Nicholas Kennedy’s Top 3 Games of 2022
Stay tuned for our list of the best PC and Mobile games of the year, as well as personal lists from GamesHub staff and special games industry guests.