Virtual Machine Runtime Developer
We are looking for a determined software developer to help deliver a world class scripting experience for Unity users. You will be part of a focused team delivering high quality, critical components to power scripting within Unity across all platforms. Hard problems and in-depth debugging sessions will be daily occurrences as part of delivering stable, portable, and performant technology for our users to build upon. A desire to learn and improve as part of a collaborative team is necessary.
- Development and maintenance of all scripting runtimes: .NET, Mono, and IL2CPP
- Integration, debugging, and upgrading open source software like the Roslyn C# compiler, the Mono runtime, and the .NET Core GC
- Optimization of generated code size, memory usage, and execution speed
- Research and development of Unity focused optimizations, extensions, and functionality within the .NET ecosystem
- Communication of solutions and feedback to users via documentation, forums, and bug reports
- Excellent C, C++, and C# programming skills
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience developing across multiple platforms
- Optimization and profiling skills
- Focus on quality/test driven development
- Experience working with compilers, virtual machines, or garbage collectors
- Experience contributing to open source software
- Experience working with Mono, .NET Core, or Xamarin
- Experience using Unity
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.