CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and experienced VFX Artist to join our team. The candidate for this position needs to demonstrate deep understanding of the industry, have experience with real-time visual effects as well as show interest in emerging trends in this field. As a VFX Artist you will be responsible for creating high-quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments and gameplay. You will also help refine the VFX pipeline, optimise visual effects for performance and maintain high-quality standards.
- 4+ years of experience in the gaming industry is preferred.
- Experience with creating a wide variety of game-ready visual effects.
- Outstanding creativity, attention to detail and a very strong commitment to a project.
- Good attitude towards receiving feedback and exchanging knowledge.
- Experience in Photoshop or similar 2D software.
- Good general knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max).
- SideFX Houdini knowledge is a big plus.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Work closely with other departments while creating and implementing VFX assets.
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes with onsite parking available
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive, multicultural team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!