Software Engineer in Test II
As part of the EAX Quality Verification Engineering and Solutions team, you will be part of the EAX team that drives the strategy and implementation of EA’s network helping EA’s community of players connect to one another and to the games they love to play. Our work includes aspects including EA.com; in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms; EA Play, our cross-platform subscription; the EA App; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies on the market today while supporting the development and test automation teams in their efforts to release world-class solutions.
What do we do:
- Build and support internal tools to empower Quality Verification for a suite of products on multiple platforms.
- Create value through creative problem solving with an engineering mindset to collaboratively deliver incremental change that enables the shipping of high-quality stable software for great player experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable and robust tools, tests, and platforms
- Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- As needed, maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware
- As needed build and maintain supporting infrastructure that is scalable and resilient
- Uphold high-quality standards through knowledge-sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
- Advocate for quality at all times and keep the development team accountable.
- Develop tools and systems in support of testing or development.
- Execute our Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality.
- Test your own work and provide reliable, defect-free code that instills confidence in the automation suite.
- Help set the technical direction of the team and facilitate productivity improvements to our engineering workflows
- 1+ years of working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- 1+ years of working with Relational databases such as MySQL and MSSQL.
- Experienced with building RESTful APIs with .Net Core and/or Node.js
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- Experience with using or building software testing frameworks.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills and ability to work with a large, cross-functional, and distributed team.
- Experience with common development tools such as:
- Git, IDE’s (ie: Visual Studio, Intellij, Visual Studio Code), JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
Bonus Points (Not required but nice to have)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with front-end technologies like React
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment pipelines
- Experience and desire to mentor junior team members