Senior UI Programmer
Omeda Studios are a remote-first game studio working on our first title Predecessor, a fast-paced third-person MOBA for PC and consoles, due for release in 2022. Join a rapidly growing game studio as we scale up to support and deliver content for a game designed to be played for years to come.
As a studio founded by the community, developing games that players will love is truly at the heart of what we do. At Omeda Studios, we believe that community feedback is integral to the development of games that players will not want to put down.
Having recently closed a $20m Series A funding round, we’ve populated the studio with an exciting mix of industry veterans and community talent and we want you to be a part of shaping and executing our vision and the challenges that await us.
We’re keen to speak to you so do get in touch for an informal chat!
In This Role You Will
- Driving prototyping and implementation of major creative UI screens and flows in Unreal Engine 5
- Working with other disciplines to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architect and implement new UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Writing robust, maintainable C++ and Blueprint logic
What We’re Looking For
- Comfortable communicating with other team members on a daily basis
- Strong understanding of Unreal Widgets / UMG / Slate
- Strong understanding of object orientated programming in a modern language (C++, C# etc)
- Excel at problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Experience with multithreading, asynchronous, and event-driven programming
- Enthusiastic about UX and UI design
- Keen eye for improving the user experience
Nice to Have
- Online service integration experience
- Console Experience
- Experience writing code in a networked multiplayer context
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- More to come!