Senior Technical Artist
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy’s The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
You will be working with a team of dedicated developers focused on Tom Clancy’s XDefiant. A new free-to-play FPS blending fast-paced 6-v-6 arena combat with faction-based abilities in a technicolor realm of chaos. Players will be able to select and form teams from a variety of characters from across the Tom Clancy universe – creating their dream team to take on opponents in a dynamic map environments for high-octane gameplay. XDefiant will be available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4, as well as on Stadia, Luna and Ubisoft Connect, with full crossplay expected at launch. Players can register now at www.playxdefiant.com to get the latest news, updates and a chance to play in early tests.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re currently seeking a Senior Technical Artist to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team in our Sydney Studio.
- Support content production art teams in achieving top-quality results
- Developing technical tools and solutions to solve performance issues while executing artistic and game vision
- Identify and develop art-pipeline optimizations and tools for new and existing production workflow
- Optimize memory and game performance by realizing artistic and gameplay intentions within project constraints
- Create technical benchmarks to be used in production, implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team
- Cooperate and support other programmers and being part of a multidisciplinary team
- Actively seek opportunities to improve the game(s) performance
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Share with the other artists and programmers best-practices and new tools
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Senior level of experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
- Significant experience in developing AAA game titles, consoles and PC
- Skills and experience in software development in C++
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Proven technical skills in performance, optimization and method
- Solid scripting skills (Maxscript, Python, etc)
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas: Shading, VFX/Particles, Scripting, Lighting, Rendering and Post-Effects, SFX, Rigging, Physics
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
- Passion for games and knowledge of the games industry
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.