Senior Producer (Art & Animation)
Sports Interactive are looking for an experienced Senior Producer to guide our Art & Animation department as they support all our products across a growing number of platforms. Our plans are ambitious, and we move fast. We require a team player with a can-do attitude and a good motivator who is comfortable working in a demanding environment.
While a background in Art is favourable, it is not a requirement. We only ask that you speak the language and have a solid understanding of standard industry art pipelines. This role involves managing resources, identifying potential risks/opportunities for achieving milestones, and line managing the senior artists of the disciplines we have here at SI: Character, Environment, Animation, and Technical Art.
The successful applicant will possess excellent communication and organisation skills and will enjoy using a variety of different project management skills to deliver the game assets on time and on budget. You’ll need to be the coolest head in the room with the ability to spot issues and blockers long before they happen.
- Work with the Studio Director, designers, producers, and team leads to produce realistic schedules and milestone plans for our artists.
- Work closely with the production team as well as senior management on development status and collaborate with discipline directors and leads to solve problems and mitigate risk.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks that may prevent the Art & Animation team from achieving the determined goals within the required milestones.
- Provide data to ensure project requirements, goals, aims, milestones and deliverables are achievable.
- Own the operational aspects of project planning and development, including reporting, risk assessment and management, capacity planning, and resource management.
- Review and improve processes and tools to improve quality, efficiency, and team effectiveness.
- Oversee technical hiring, training and development, holding regular one-on-one meetings, setting objectives, and supporting the team’s welfare, and development.
- Provide guidance, encouragement and mentorship to a creative and diverse team.
- Representative of the Line Managers cross-studio team to co-ordinate studio-leads and input and participate in developing studio culture, priorities, and policies.
- Establish and maintain cross-studio relationships within the SEGA family, share experiences and opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a production leadership role.
- Extremely organised and able to deal with multiple different topics at one time.
- Knowledge in agile and waterfall processes, and SCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in working under rapid development cycles.
- Strong experience and understanding of game development and art pipelines.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com .
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid, and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden, and Finland.
Inclusivity Matters We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.