Senior AEM Web Developer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior AEM Developer to help build, lead, and scale SIE’s Global Marketing Web Engineering team, and be responsible for the development and delivery of internal and consumer facing web applications. We are looking for a highly effective and motivated AEM developer to join our team. As a key member of the team, you will participate and contribute to the entire software development lifecycle including analysis, technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of the application. The individual will be mainly focused on delivering assigned tasks/solutions on time, escalating issues when appropriate as well as educating and leading others in the form of code reviews, workshops, and documentation. You will work closely with architects, developers, quality engineers, DevOps to support and enhance our digital platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- The Senior AEM developer will play a vital role in the development, design, testing and deployment of AEM Assets and Sites, as well as Adobe Marketing Cloud tools.
- Share new concepts, strategies or innovative approaches to development execution that will have significant impact on the project
- Provide deep knowledge expertise in AEM and working knowledge of at least one Adobe Marketing Cloud products (Target, Analytics, Forms, Audience Manager, Campaign)
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse of code.
- Solve issues by reviewing or debugging code, provide fixes or workaround, suggest changes for operability and to maintain existing project solutions
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to peers
- Ensures software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends on topics such as personalization, recommendation, mobile and digital product management.
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent experience with Software Engineering.
- You must show a combination of technical skills, leadership skills, and a strong product development background.
Required and Preferred
- Proven years and progressive experience in AEM Content Management, AEM developer tools
- Strong experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, and bundles
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Experience fragments, Content fragments and SPA.
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including Java/J2EE, JSP, JMS, JUnit
- Experience in JCR suite, Sling web framework and Apache Felix OSGI framework
- Experience with project automation technologies like: Jenkins, Automated unit testing, Maven, SonarQube, Jira and GitHub
- Working knowledge of web technologies like Tomcat, Apache http, Content delivery networks (CDN, Akamai)
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Working in Agile development practices and scrum model
- Strong knowledge of technical documentation processes/procedures
- Flexibility to work with geographically diverse team and familiar with the onsite/offshore working models.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing with both technical team members and business process owners.
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Ideal candidate attributes
- Experience completing projects with Jira and/or Wrike is a plus.
- Understanding of Algolia Search
- Adobe certified Expert as AEM developer
- Able to work with little supervision
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize work and manage multiple demands
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Flexible/Hybrid working model
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.