Screenshot Capture Artist
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking a Freelance Screenshot Capture Artist. This position is responsible for capturing still footage of gameplay for use in marketing campaigns as well as in the games themselves. In essence, this process is shooting photography in a virtual 3D game environment, similar to a digital street photographer. Detached camera controls allow for almost any shot imaginable. The successful candidate will be someone who loves games, can conceive and execute the best-looking scenes and shots possible, and take specific direction when needed
WHAT WE DO
- We capture footage of gameplay for use in marketing campaigns and in game.
- Detached camera controls allow us to create almost any shot imaginable.
- Our process is shooting photography in a virtual 3D game environment, think digital street photographer.
- Create stylized images within game engines that capture the vibe of a project.
- Work at a fast pace on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Rapidly master new and unfinished games.
- Work using technologies involved with a game in development, including debug features.
- Problem-solve to achieve the best possible results while working within the confines of unfinished technology.
- Work with varying levels of supervision and creative direction, ranging from complete autonomy to working with a director to capture a specific requested set of shots.
- Excel both within a team environment and individually to deliver outstanding still assets.
- Photography experience is required for this role.
- Portfolio with strong visual aesthetic demonstrating an ability to work with a real or virtual camera.
- Expertise in video game playing. Are you able to complete every game you pick up faster than anyone else you know?
- An enthusiasm for and extensive knowledge of movies, TV pop culture and music videos.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including clear communication and a consistently positive attitude.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar games.
- Please include a link to your reel or photography portfolio to be considered for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.