Principal Concept Artist
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
WHAT WE DO
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys; and a new member of the Epic Games family. We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful, open experiences by investing in the ideas, technologies, and people that can bring our vision to life.
We are looking for a Principal Concept Artist to join Mediatonic. The right candidate will quickly generate ideas and low-fi executions with a high commitment/low attachment attitude to find what’s right and works for the project. We are looking for a highly creative personality; the right Principal-level candidate shouldn’t just be great at concept art, but preferably also techniques like lateral thinking – or similar – to level up the concept-artist group and project art team as a whole. The focus for this position will be creating awesome characters, costumes and accessories for characters on Fall Guys.
In This Role You Will
- As a Principal Concept Artist, you are responsible for not only creating the most exemplary artwork but lifting the entire discipline’s creative ability – through leading the way and mentoring.
- You demonstrate world-class talent and execution in a substantial portfolio as an ambassador of your craft – you lift the entire discipline with your stewardship and work. You’re the first line of quality approval of the craft team’s output.
- You will ensure quality is consistently high, suggesting and setting improvements for both working practice and quality.
- You may assist Leads and Production in setting schedules and balancing art resources to ensure the projects are as best supported as possible. You identify and flag risks and issues as soon as they arise with the appropriate.
- You will be an ambassador for your craft and work closely with the lead artist and studio art director to help them realise their vision.
What We’re Looking For
- Knows what good looks like – we’re looking for someone with an exquisite sense of style and aesthetics
- Humble and kind personality, an approachable mentor for more junior artists
- A natural mentor – someone people turn to for assistance and inspiration
- Mastery of the creative process: innate ability to deploy the proper procedure for a given challenge
- Delivers and communicates designs effectively
- Excellent understanding of lighting, post-processing techniques, and lens effects
- Contributes significantly to style guide development and supports other crafts/disciplines, Game Art Lead, Creative Director and Studio ADs vision
- Can independently execute on high-level game vision to cover new requirements