Audio QA Lead
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Audio QA Lead, to join our Audio QA Team based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will enable the finding, grading, and reporting of defects completely and concisely, communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. As a QA Lead, you will achieve this through effective management of a group of testers who specialise in audio.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 1-2 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will be key in developing test frameworks, test infrastructure and automating test scenarios, and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Drive the completion of tasks for both yourself and your team under the direction of the Senior Audio QA Lead
- Create and deliver test strategies, methods, and cases to maintain a AAA audio quality standard
- Support the QA and development teams through documentation of internal test strategies and methods
- Deliver regular reports of bug status and test progress to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain QA tools and resources to support the wider audio & QA team
- Mentor, support and organise a specialist QA team through 1:1’s
- Maintain a consistent and close collaboration process with the audio development team with a strong focus on quality
- Be a proactive member of the team that continuously strives to develop and self-improve.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Previous experience in a QA role, preferably on a AAA title within a development studio
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Experience using audio middleware software such as Wwise
- Ability to follow set process and implement this among the team
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- A desire to lead, mentor and develop staff in a fast-paced agile working environment
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable
- Previous experience in an audio related field
- Experience playing the latest titles in the Total War franchise
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with animation or database related game tools
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant audio related field that can be applied to Games Development.
About Creative Assembly It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day – toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.