The PAX Rising Grants program is now accepting applications for funding from Victorian-based game developers, with successful applicants able to nab monetary assistance with the cost of ‘producing, promoting and managing their pod or booth’ at PAX Australia 2022.
While developers will need to adhere to strict PAX Rising guidelines to receive funding, it’s an excellent opportunity for local games to be seen on a massive stage. With this PAX Australia being the first in-person show since 2019, it’s likely there’ll be strong interest from keen attendees.
Currently, there are two types of funding available:
- $750 for businesses exhibiting in a PAX Rising Pod
- $1,500 for businesses exhibiting in a PAX Rising Booth
Creative Victoria is providing a total of up to AU $30,000 in funding, with all keen developers encouraged to apply. Once this allocation is exhausted, applications will be closed.
Read: All the Big Video Game Events in 2022
Here’s a quick rundown of everything potential applicants will need to know, now that funding opportunities are live:
- Applications are only open to Victorian-based games businesses (including sole traders)
- Businesses must have an ABN to be considered
- Successful applicants will be provided one of the two grants above
- The funding round closes at 3:00 pm AEST on 8 September 2022, or earlier if the budget pool is exhausted
- PAX Australia 2022 will take place from 7-9 October 2022.
To submit an application or check your eligibility criteria as a game developer, you can head to the Creative Victoria PAX Rising hub here.
This year’s show should be an excellent ‘reset’ point after the coronavirus pandemic forced developers to head online to hype up their latest projects. Nothing quite beats the feeling of playing a new game in person – and PAX Rising should provide this much-missed opportunity.