Nintendo has released the latest firmware update for
It’s certainly an infamous trait of
According to the patch notes, Groups will let you organise titles into folders of game genres, developers, or user customised parameters. Each Switch will be able to handle up to 100 folders, with a maximum of 200 titles per group.
Additionally, a single title can be put into multiple groups.
The other major feature change in the v14.0
With the new update, the volume of Bluetooth audio devices can now be adjusted through any in-built volume controls, as well as on the Switch console itself.
Again, better late than never.
Despite the outcry about the Switch’s lack of common quality of life features, the console has sold over 103 million units since its launch in 2017, and is officially
The full patch notes for the
Nintendo Switch system update Ver. 14.0.0 (Released March 21, 2022)
“Groups” feature was added to the All Software menu.
- You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
- Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
- Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
- The button to proceed to the “All Software” screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
- For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.
Bluetooth® Audio volume behavior was changed.
- You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the
NintendoSwitch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
- The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
- The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
- The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.
- When first connecting a device, volume will be reduced to avoid sudden loudness.
- For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.