It’s been a busy couple of weeks since we launched GamesHub. After booting up the site for all to see, we dove straight into Melbourne International Games Week 2021 where we, among other things:
- Gave a keynote at Games Connect Asia Pacific on the past 18 months of the Australian games industry
- Joined Sifter at PAX Aus Online to discuss Australia’s onerous games classification system
- Showcased all the fantastic Australian games featured in the PAX Aus Online Indie Showcase
- Hosted a fireside chat with Dinka Bakaba who directed a little game called “DEATHLOOP”
- Ran the inaugural WordPlay games writing mentorship program with an amazing cohort of games writers (whose work you’ll be able to read on GamesHub very soon!)
Now that we’ve had a little bit of time to recover, we’re ready to announce that…
Leah Williams will be joining the GamesHub team to help guide us on a journey to discover all that games can be.
Leah joins us from Kotaku Australia where she’s written a ton of delightful articles over the years. Everything from how local game developers were coping with COVID to the lonely but rewarding world of solo games development. And, of course, she’s very much into exploring weird niches and interesting games history, like her uncanny obsession with the Sims 2 handheld games.
Here’s Leah: ‘The games industry has changed rapidly over the last two years, for so many reasons – but the coronavirus era has really cemented how powerful and transformative games can be. I’m excited to learn and share more about the industry through GamesHub, and to reshape the idea of what games can do for all of us.’
Please join me in welcoming Leah Williams by following her on Twitter and asking her about what the deal is with The Sims 2 on
You can also follow GamesHub on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram