A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Quarterly Team Building days
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- All the equipment that you need to be properly set up
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As our Web Designer you’ll be part of the Frontend team, making beautiful web designs to keep both our site and the tools we use fresh and up to date.
Your Team Mates
The frontend team consists of both our frontend developers and designers, we work closely with all parts of the business to create tools that vary across the whole company, from the publishing team to create a portal for people to submit games, the marketing team on things like our website, all the way to our internal teams for things like administration and analytics.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Creating responsive designs for both our internal and external tools/platforms as well as our website
- Design new pages, update existing ones and add content where needed
- Utilize new plugins and features to enhance the user experience
Your Hard Skills
- 2+ years of experience as a Web Designer
- Good knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Mobile-first responsive design
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD or similar
- Experience with Photoshop or similar
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take a brief to a full design (forward thinking)
- A strong interest in the games industry as a whole (mobile and/or console)
- Preferably experience with designing dashboards/analytics based pages
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!