UX Designer II, Design Systems
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Designer, Design Systems
San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego
Our Design Systems team is a key pillar of design execution at PlayStation. The group works horizontally across all PlayStation consumer products and platforms to provide product design teams with the component libraries and design documentation needed to create product specifications that are ready for prototyping and engineering. They encourage consistency across our product areas while also allowing for innovation and creativity to push the system forward. They have a mastery of our design tools and tame the many projects in flight by evangelizing consistent process and structure.
You are an experienced design systems thinker, familiar with the challenges of scaling systems across products, platforms, cultures, and disciplines. You are extremely proficient with your design tools, creating files that are meant to be used by other designers, engineers, and the rest of the product team. You really sweat the details, understanding that small changes can impact many products and millions of users. You’re not an engineer, but you have a general understanding of typical front-end technologies.
- Develop and maintain multiple design systems, including reusable Figma components and written documentation
- Develop and maintain multiple design tokens systems which are used across design and engineering
- Document design decisions visually, in writing, and in presentations
- Collaborate with designers across the company to encourage consistency through design system adoption, enforcing standards while also accepting feedback and innovation
- Imagine and implement new tools and processes for improving design at PlayStation
- Experience as a design systems team member in a large product design organization
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and rationale
- Experience crafting web and mobile products
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts
- Experience working with research and insights
- Ability to work unsupervised in an agile environment
- Very high level of proficiency with Figma, including components, auto-layout, prototyping, tokens, animation, plugins, etc
- Experience working with decentralized or global teams is a plus
- Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Experience with consumer gaming or media products is a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$118,600 — $177,800 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.