Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
You are a talented mobile UI/UX artist and designer with a passion for mobile game art. Through iteration, you will work closely with the Art Director and production team to establish the visual direction and ultimately final user interface in-game art for our mobile products. You will be responsible for conceiving and finishing high quality artwork ranging from stylized buttons and iconography to game-screen mockups, wireframes and grey box ideas, layouts and designs.
As a visionary, you will utilize Adobe Suite to create all necessary game elements and UI, with an emphasis on creating art that communicates the needed visual language for casual mobile games. You will report to the project Art Director.
- Develop original UI mobile game art by working with design, art and producers.
- Create UX game screen mockups either in wireframe, gray-box or simulated gameplay.
- Utilize your graphic design and user experience skills to match audience needs.
- Create art style guide and placeholder artwork to guide development throughout each cycle of the project.
- Be a part of an efficient team that works to bring new games to market within 3-9 months.
Qualifications for Position:
- Minimum 3 years of Mobile Game art creation experience.
- A great portfolio of work showing your proven ability in:
- Aesthetic judgment and strong UI visual design, typography & layout.
- Clear and beautiful in-game interfaces.
- Creating prototype and production quality UI assets.
- Shipped at least 1 game as a key contributor in UI.
- Proven ability to develop and present UI ideas and styles for various games.
- Proven experience creating wireframes and user flows using various prototyping and design software.
- An appreciation for the iterative nature of the prototyping design process.
- Ability to swiftly create new visual treatments as well as adapting to established styles.
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency required.
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. This year we went to Los Cabos!
- We promise to keep you fed when we’re back in the office. We offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth – we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!