Grease Monkey Games
Texture Artist ( Middle ~ Senior)
Who we are!
Grease Monkey Games (Formerly League Of Monkeys) was established in 2013 and consists of over 35 talented artists, developers, designers, marketers, UI / UX and producers based in our Brunswick studio, Melbourne and across the world. Founder and Managing Director Arran Potter has a rich heritage of experience in creating visual effects and video games, working on high profile commercials and films dating back to the early 2000s. After moving from a contract based company to solely developing original IP games in 2014, our games have been downloaded more than 45 Million times from people all over the world.
Who you are!
A Mid/Senior texture artist who has existing experience working on high quality / realistic games and is responsible for texturing a variety of assets, predominantly hard surface (cars and parts) that will be integrated into our exciting new motorsport project!
- Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Mentors Junior and mid level Artists.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Strong Substance Painter and Substance Designer Skills
- Solid understanding of procedural texturing techniques
- Solid understanding of pbr workflow
- Excellent eye for detail and interpreting reference.
Nice to have
- Traditional drawing and painting skills
- Zbrush Skills
- An understanding of material management and shader efficiency
- Flexible work location.
- Flexible work start and end times.
- Friday night drinks and events with other video game studios.
- Company organised ‘Learn to drift’ days and trips to the snow.
- Dog friendly studio!
Before applying for this position, please take a moment to check out our current Torque Drift social media channels and have a play of Torque Drift on the app store or on PC to see what we’re all about!
How to Apply
To apply please contact Jobs@GreaseMonkeyGames.com with “texture artist” in the subject with a resume and showreel
Contact employer for more info at : Jobs@GreaseMonkeyGames.com