Sports Interactive is looking for a talented Technical Designer to join the studio and become part of the Design Team.
As a Technical Designer, you will be one of the main voices from Design to the Engineering team. You will be responsible for driving and polishing the implementation environment for content, systems and UI creation, while still contributing on creative topics.
You will join a passionate team who is keen to transition our technology and tools to empower our next creative projects.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, self-motivated, well organised designer with a high-quality standard for game development technology, tools and workflows.
- Be one of the main voices of Design to the Engineering and QA team
- Define, review and drive improvements for Game, UI/UX and Narrative design workflows and implementation environment
- Collate requests from designers and collaborate with Production, Engineering and QA team to feed the technical roadmap
- Raise the collective knowledge about inner workings of Sports Interactive systems and tools through technical research, meetings, documentation and submit reviews
- Be a key asset for rapid in-engine prototyping
- Keep up to date with Unity technical roadmap and best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Autonomous and self-driven person with a growth mindset
- Able to drive multiple threads of technical discussions with patience and structure
- Ability to deal with high volume of requests and conflicting priorities
- High standards of quality for game development tools and workflows
- Technology-enthusiast with unrivalled curiosity
- Expert with the Unity toolset, workflows and best practices
- Extensive scripting and/or game logic experience on shipped or high-quality personal projects on Unity
- Technical and/or design background and education would be beneficial C++ familiarity is a plus
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com .
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
Inclusivity Matters We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.