Why join us?
- You want to be part of the new DON’T NOD Montreal narrative game, led by key members of the team behind Life is Strange, and bring your talent to the project;
- You want to join a diverse and committed team, both in its culture and in the content of the games it creates;
- You’re looking for an environment where you’ll be able to interact with all the teams in a simple and efficient manner;
- You’d like to put your animation skills at the service of an original and sensitive experience based on its characters.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Montreal studio’s Animation Lead, your role will be to support the production and implementation of our keyframed and mocap animation assets and systems for our next narrative project.
Your mission will be to:
- Collaborate with your teammates across disciplines to deliver engaging narrative sequences (animators, designers, programmers, camera artists and riggers);
- Work with your teammates to create, develop, test and maintain navigation, storytelling and gameplay animation systems of varying complexity (designers, animators and programmers);
- Contribute to the design, integration and validation of the animation elements to be implemented, as well as to modify and maintain the nav/gameplay systems in Unreal;
- Support the Animation Lead in any specific task.
The must-have skills we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of Maya and Unreal;
- Strong and practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors, blueprint and technologies;
- Strong character animation skills and understanding of animation principles;
- Enthusiastic, methodical and organized approach to work with high quality standards;
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem solving.
What would set you apart?
- An interest in narrative games and their ability to convey emotions through their characters;
- Previous experience with writing tool scripts in Python/Mel, etc.;
- Familiarity with procedural animation systems.
At DON’T NOD Montreal, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity within our games as well as our teams. We commit to equal opportunities and non-discrimination in our hiring process. We are respectful of the principles of equal employment opportunities, and that is why we encourage women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a disability, visible minorities, as well as any other person who can contribute to the diversity of our studio to apply for our positions.
We build close-knit teams to encourage a fulfilling work environment for all our employees.
Our teams enjoy a range of benefits, including flexibility, a generous holiday bank, time off, training and career development support, and a personalized Lifestyle spending account.
Additional perks include:
- The possibility of working anywhere in Quebec;
- Insurance and virtual healthcare coverage as of Day 1;
- Partial refund of transport fees (OPUS, BIXI and parking);
- Access to gym and fitness classes as well as a multi-sports field in summer which turns into an ice rink in winter;
- Referral bonus that goes the extra mile;
- RRSPs with the employer’s contribution.
DON’T NOD is an independent publisher and developer, based in Paris and Montreal, creating original narrative games in the adventure ( Life is Strange , Tell Me Why , Twin Mirror ), RPG ( Vampyr ), and action ( Remember Me ) genres. The studio is internationally renowned for unique narrative experiences with engaging stories and characters, and has worked with industry leading publishers: Square Enix , Microsoft , Bandai Namco Entertainment , Focus Entertainment , and Capcom . DON’T NOD creates and publishes its own IPs developed in-house, as well as using its knowledge and experience to collaborate with third-party developers whose editorial visions parallel the company’s own.
Step into the studio’s immersive and innovative universe at dont-nod.com