Software Engineer – Frostbite – C++ Systems
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine.
Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honoured to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Frostbite has an excellent Working From Home model and you should feel empowered to apply regardless of location.
The Frostbite Foundation team maintains the building blocks that underpin the Frostbite Engine. This team uses a lot of modern C++ and works closely with hardware and platform SDKs. The systems this team writes are some of the most widely-used low-level parts of the engine. The team is at the forefront of performance and correctness.
You will help define features and push Frostbite’s performance and stability to stellar levels. You will work on some of the lowest-level parts of the engine, and be well-versed in modern C++. You have a test-first mindset and don’t mind solving hard problems.
You will respond to support requests from customers that require investigation and provide information or solutions to problems. You will report to a leadership team and raise any issues that require broader attention.
You will need:
- Strong experience working with modern C++
- Passion for collaboratively solving challenging problems
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
Wondering if you’ll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can’t capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you’re interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress – check out our 2021 Impact Report .
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to our employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility – we’re hybrid forward, so you’ll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.