Social Media and Influencer Manager - Core Games (12 months contract)
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for video game consoles, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 31st Union, Cloud Chamber and HB Studios. 2K’s portfolio currently includes several AAA, sports and entertainment brands, including global powerhouse NBA®️ 2K ; renowned BioShock®️ , Borderlands®️ , Mafia , Sid Meier’s Civilization®️ and XCOM®️ brands; popular WWE®️ 2K and WWE®️ SuperCard franchises; as well as the critically and commercially acclaimed PGA TOUR®️ 2K . Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2K.com and on the Company’s official social media channels.
Reporting to the PR, Social Media & Influencer Manager for Australia and New Zealand, the Social Media & Influencer Manager will be responsible for devising and facilitating relevant content across a network of key Influencers/content creators, as well as delivering content for owned, earned and paid-for Social Media channels. In addition, the Social Media and Influencer Manager will assist the International Communications Team with regards to engaging within 2K owned and other relevant local communities.
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with key Influencers/content creators (bloggers, YouTubers, Streamers, etc.). Keep already on-boarded Influencer partners engaged with 2K franchises, involving them in content tailored to their style and channels.
- Discover new up and coming Influencer partners and gaming talent for future partnerships with 2K franchises.
- Build and execute Social and Community plans for all 2K franchises across all relevant platforms.
- Plan and execute Community events. This should include bolted on activity at 2K pre-planned Marketing/PR events, dedicated Influencer/Community events and third party events/exhibitions where we can gain stage presence (eg. PAX Australia) etc.
- Create content and communication materials for Social Media channels. This could include the creation of original content, localisation of Globally created content and the sourcing & repurposing of content from 2K’s relevant communities. Content plans should include daily, weekly and monthly initiatives. Obvious focus will need to be given to key marketing beats and announcements.
- Forge close relationships with relevant local partners that have meaningful social and/or community scale (eg. Key retailers, 1st parties etc.) to ensure all 2K franchises and relevant content are leveraged through their owned channels. Assist the Global Social Media Team with the monitoring of 2K English Language Social Media channels while assisting with the engagement of local communities.
- Be capable of competently presenting and demonstrating our games, both internally and externally.
- Forge a close working relationship with the ANZ Comms team and Product Managers to ensure the Social & community plans, marketing/media plans and PR plans are linked effectively, complement each other and deliver a full owned, earned and paid channel mix.
- Develop and maintain a key Influencer partner database.
- Create weekly snapshot reports, detailing the performance of Community & Social initiatives.
- Budget management.
Building and Developing Relationships
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the 2K ANZ team, Global Marketing & Communications teams and relevant Take 2 stakeholders.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external communications agencies, promotional agencies, first parties, retail and licensing partners.
- Become a passionate and proactive team member.
- Become an ambassador of 2K in ANZ.
- Strong understanding of the Social Media, Community and Influencer universe including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Steam, Reddit, Forums, blogs, etc
- A good knowledge of established and up and coming Influencer talent along with a genuine passion for the content that can be found on Twitch, Facebook Live and YouTube Live
- Affinity with video games and a good knowledge of the entertainment industry
- Competent understanding of the local media and content creator landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for Social Media, communities and creative flair is a must
- Organisationally strong, able to prioritise & multi-task as well as work with short timelines/deadlines
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgets
- A dedication to professionalism including self-presentation, time keeping, strong work ethic and a desire to continually self-improve and be innovative
- Knowledge of the eSports scene and associated Influencers would be beneficial
- Management of external agencies and suppliers
- Successful campaign management from conception to delivery
- Increased influencer and community awareness
- Becoming a successful ambassador for 2K products
- Good management of the local Social Media & Influencer budget.
- Clear and consistent communication with the local Communications, Marketing, Sales and Finance teams and the Global 2K Communications team