Senior Test Engineer
We’re pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we’re designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world’s greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we’re continually pushing the bar of creativity.
Job Description Summary
To plan, perform and guide quality assurance activities that ensure the accuracy of testing. This involves testing and reporting defects, reviewing defects for accuracy, assisting with a Pre and Post testing review for all releases, maintaining the accuracy of all testing checklists. In addition, the Senior Software Test Engineer will also be responsible for mentoring Software Test Engineer and fostering a strong relationship with Stake holders and Business Partners.
Technology Group Summary
You will be joining the Technology Group that is responsible for a cutting-edge technology for our gaming platforms, Game Development Kits, Tools and Analytics Engine that are used in Casinos around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Carry out technical assessments on requested features and identify scope of work/dependencies for test requirements.
- Design, implement, and maintain test plans.
- Execute identified test scenarios on these features.
- Provide technical guidance in identifying automation targets and designing white box test scenarios, participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging code to find the root cause of the issues and provide detailed information to the development team.
- Work with cross functional stake holders in creating and executing test plans.
- Prepare time estimates of all design options and other project requirements.
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and incorporate them into the team’s software test operational processes.
- Promoting the established processes across the team as well as seeking opportunities to streamline and improve on it
What We’re Looking For
- An engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software testing
- Prior experience in the gaming industry will be a plus
- Strong knowledge of Software Quality Assurance concepts, best practices, and procedures
- Good knowledge of any scripting language preferably python
- Understanding of C++ or C#
- Experience working with defect tracking and test management tools such as JIRA/Zephyr is required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with global stakeholders
- Software debugging and troubleshooting using industry standard tools
- Familiarity with profiling tools like Valgrind, Google Sanitizer
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to perform task efficiently, within deadlines
- Possesses good problem-solving skills to address work-related issues and problems
- Experienced in using Source control systems
- Prior experience of testing/validating SDK will be a plus
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies will be a plus
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.