Senior Software Engineer, Server - Tech Enablement, Central Tech
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games – Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. You will play a key role in helping architect, build and improve backend services for our games and will be especially focused on scaling our containerization efforts and extending our multi-tenant Kubernetes/EKS clusters.
- Work with tech and production leads to support and work on the following
- Provision, improve and maintain Kubernetes clusters hosting critical live services
- Support new backend infrastructure/applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability, security and to lower cost
- Document tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Peer review your fellow engineers’ work.
- Participate in tech reviews and align with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic problems and tech debt
- Follow engineering standard methodologies to ensure code quality, performance and reliability
- Work collaboratively across subject areas to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Extensive knowledge of Containers and related technologies
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and/or AWS EKS a plus
- Experience in programming RESTful services using GoLang, Java, Python, and/or PHP
- Strong familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Excellent communication skills and can talk to senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with Helm and Terraform a plus
- Familiarity with Istio or other service mesh technologies a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Offices provide catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds.
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.