Senior Software Developer, Platform Workflows
A key attribute of the Unity Engine is the ease with which developers can build content for a variety of target platforms. As we continue to broaden the reach of Unity’s platform support, we hope to improve our cross-platform developer workflows in the Editor to better manage the complexity of the build process, increase the consistency of our tooling across different platforms, and make it easier to build and publish great cross-platform games.
We are looking for a multi-skilled, self-motivated engineer to help us solve these complex problems. If you love to build software that shapes how people work and think, we’d like to meet you!
What you’ll be doing
- Help define the technical design and architecture of platform workflows
- Collaborate with teams across the Platforms organization to ensure feature cohesion
- Participate in an active development team, deliver high-quality software, review code, and make recommendations on our strategic direction
- Mentor other team members
What we’re looking for
- Proven development experience using C++ and C#
- Experience with UI design and development, and best-of-breed UX practices
- Experience delivering software through all phases of development
- Experience using Unity or similar game engines
You might also have
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience developing multi-platform software
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience designing and building customer-facing APIs
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and web services
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.