Senior Shader Artist
As a highly skilled Unreal Shader Artist on Dead by daylight, you will be bridging the gap between Art and Development by designing textures / shaders for environment assets. The job will require the creation of materials for a wide range of assets. This is a key role in developing the unique artistic style of our game. Extensive knowledge of shading, lighting, rendering, and post processing is required, as well as a strong understanding of the 3D-graphics pipeline and a keen eye for aesthetics and best art practices.
In this role you will :
- Work closely the Art Director, the Technical Art Director, Art Lead and Lighting artist to achieve the artistic vision of a new IP.
- Organize the texture pipeline, with Technical Art Director, Art Lead and Lighting Artist.
- Work closely with artists to understand environments needs and help them suggesting textures and technics.
- Understand the environments and assets production pipeline.
- Calibration and polish textures to apply them in the world.
- Ensure clear communication with their managers to give visibility to their team and their work.
What we’re looking for :
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a texture artist.
- You know the constraints related to real time rendering and you master the classic graphic tools.
- Your communication, your proactivity as well as your team spirit are part of your strengths.
- You have technical English and you have enough fluency to express yourself on a daily basis both in writing and orally.
- Knowledge of the Unreal engine (Unreal 5)
Production Skills :
- Master artistic software: 2D / 3D computer graphics software (Maya / Substance Painter, Substance Designer / ZBrush / Photoshop).
- Learn new software and / or be a proponent for new software that improves the quality and performance of the team.
- Proficient in the PBR process.
- Have a solid understanding of image and composition (lighting, composition, calibration, rendering).
- Understand the constraints related to the Unreal engine.
- Develop strong artistic skills: Understand, apply visual concepts and use their artistic references to create and improve the graphic production of the project in line with the artistic direction.