Space Ape Games
Senior QA Tester
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. Our new music game, Beatstar, recently launched globally hitting No 1 in apps in 24 countries, and has been played by over 20M people in just a few months. Performance marketing is a crucial part of the game’s success with a monthly budget of over $5m. We’ve also recently soft-launched a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe. Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
As a senior embedded tester for Space Ape you will be involved in developing testing strategies and industry best practices. To do so will be given opportunities to collaborate with and build ties with leading industry experts such as the Supercell QA team and their other investee companies. We want you to help us define the future of Quality Assurance.
We’re looking for the perfect candidate to join our testing efforts taking responsibility for the quality of our titles, working with the QA Manager, QA engineers and dev team in executing solid test strategies.
- Define and champion quality at all stages of development
- Develop and improve testing strategies and methods
- Represent the player at all stages of development
- Help delegate testing tasks, assess risks and escalate issues
- Collaborate closely with your embedded game team and QA colleagues
- Create test plans for new features
- Simultaneously manage structured tasks with impromptu requests
- 3+ years of manual games QA experience.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC in short sprint cycles.
- Detail oriented problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge of bug reporting workflow, and bug management.
- Experience creating bulletproof test plans, and clearly reporting results.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that was crowned one of the best companies to work for for the last 5 years in a row, by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating – Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.