Orbx Simulation Systems
Senior Environmental Artist
Orbx Simulation Systems is the leading developer and publisher of virtual scenery for flight simulation, aviation and games. Since 2006 Orbx has published over 350 products which upgrade the flight experience within flight simulators.
This role will give you the opportunity to take the lead on developing fantastic Orbx products. This position will take end to end responsibility for products and play a key role in mentoring team members to assist with skills growth within the studio. As a leader within a rapidly growing Product team this is your opportunity to really leave a mark.
This role is based at our studio office in Essendon Fields As well as a competitive salary we offer flexible working options and an opportunity to use and develop your skills on top quality game and simulator projects.
- End to end ownership of products. R&D, design and development
- Mentoring the team of of 3D artists and specialists
- Integration of environmental assets within the simulator and game platform(s)
- Integration with the terrain (exclusions, terraforming, etc.),
- Preparing product for Beta testing and release,
- Advanced working knowledge of production for media, gaming or similar product lines
- Expert skills in tools used for environmental art development including 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop etc
- Ability to conceptualise and adopt the “vision” for a new product and follow it through
- Strong spatial awareness, to guide level research and development
- Eye for accuracy, detail, and quality
- 5+ years in a technology or gaming company delivering products to a high standard in demanding environments
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding and empathy for end-to-end customer experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills