Senior Dev-Ops Engineer, PlayStation Studios
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team at PlayStation Studios Online Technology.
What you’ll be doing:
At Sony, our purpose is to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology. In the Online Technology group, we collaborate with game studios around the world, to build fun multiplayer experiences at a large scale. We take a cloud-native approach, typically building Go microservices to run on Kubernetes.
Maintain live production and non-production environments, as part of a cross-functional team (including Server Developers, Client Developers and Product Managers). You’ll develop processes and tools for continuous integration/deployment, infrastructure as code, and observability/operations.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone with a Computer Science degree or equivalent, who cares about games and likes solving challenging problems for many players. Someone who gets satisfaction from treating services development and operation as a craft, building to a high quality and using best practices. Someone thoughtful, who can talk about their own ideas and listen to those of others. Someone who likes to be part of a team, to learn, and to teach.
You’ll have a good understanding of the following:
- Public cloud (AWS) – experience deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructures, with a focus on high availability and security
- Containers and Kubernetes – experience managing and supporting production-grade Kubernetes clusters in the Cloud
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform or equivalent) – automating as much as possible, and working in a way such that manual changes are avoided
- CI/CD – understanding the software development lifecycle, with focus on continuous integration (Jenkins or equivalent) and deployment
- Observability – experience managing and optimising systems for monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana) and log aggregation (Fluentd, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Loki).
It’d be beneficial if you have interest and familiarity with some of the following: Helm; Istio; architecting for concurrency and resilience.
Our teams are small, and you can have a big impact. If you’re interested, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.