As a Rigger at Ubi Sherbrooke, you make it possible for characters and objects to come to life and move realistically within our worlds.
From pivoting to bending, squashing and stretching, you define what can be done and how through flexible and intuitive rigs. You take inspiration from the real world when you can – and turn to your imagination when you can’t. With a variety of internal tools at your disposal, you can focus on achieving quality and consistency without having to build everything from the ground up time after time.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the art team to understand the overall game vision and rigging and skinning needs.
- Study concept art and research your own references.
- Rig and skin characters and objects while staying organized (keeping your scenes clean, following naming conventions, etc.).
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints with the help of technical directors.
- Partner with character modellers to troubleshoot models when need be.
- Work closely with animators to make models move believably and overcome any motion-related limitations.
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from interdependent teams.
What you bring
- Experience in video game rigging, modelling and/or animation or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, and MotionBuilder) + familiarity with scripting
- Solid understanding of anatomy and cloth
- Excellent observation, problem-solving, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A highly collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there’s no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends… joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We’re looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are working on some amazing projects: have you ever heard of the legendary and acclaimed franchise Assassin’s Creed?
Interested? We’re waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.