QA Analyst I
As a QA Analyst I, you will employ “grey” and “black box” testing methodology in an Agile development QA environment. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting, maintaining, and implementing Test Cases/Plans; identifying, thoroughly investigating, and documenting bugs/issues with the game; authoring documentation on tools and techniques, and subsequently educating your teammates. As you will be interacting face-to-face daily not only with your QA team members, but also with your development partners, you will need to have strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills. Due to this exposure to all facets of game development and allowance for professional development, there is also superb opportunity for career development and growth in the game industry.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues/defects optimally and efficiently.
- Build, maintain, and implement test cases and Tasks using in-house and 3rd-party testing tools.
- Work in a collaborative QA environment, completing individual tasks and leading small groups of testers in group assignments.
- Actively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they impact QA’s priorities and tasks.
- Become a domain expert on a portion of the game and develop partnerships with team members throughout the Studio.
- 2+ years testing experience in gaming/software QA.
- Understanding of Game/Software Testing Processes and Best Practices.
- Understanding of Game/ Software Development Lifecycles and project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Waterfall).
- QA experience with console platforms (e.g. PlayStation, XBOX, etc.) and PC.
- Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Testrail, or Perforce, and Microsoft Office efficiency software.
- Able to work autonomously and self-educate with encouraging leadership, but limited direction and supervision.
- Passion for games and proven understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in game/software development.
- At least 1 released game titles.
- Intimate knowledge of Call of Duty or other First-Person Shooter titles.
- Experience leading small team projects.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience with Game Development Subject area software such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Radiant, or other development or mod tools.
- Experience with First Party Submission standards (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc).
- Experience with network or server testing, test automation and tools, Live Services or Content Submission process.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Sledgehammer Games is situated in the San Francisco Bay Area; Melbourne, Australia; Toronto, Canada; and Guildford, UK. Across our four locations, we strive to be the most inclusive and supportive game studio we can be. We are extremely passionate about working together to make incredible AAA games for our players to enjoy and connect with.
We’re the studio behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry.
The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker. We think it’s important to be constantly evolving, innovating, and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.