Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
Develop quality games, from concept to release, and assist in maintaining the creative vision of game franchises for 2K Games. A Producer is a leader, capable of taking charge of a project, franchise, or external team and unifying the project or group effectively towards a specific set of goals. This role requires the simultaneous management of multiple products or workstreams on a AAA product. They are ultimately responsible and accountable for shipping products timely and to a high degree of quality whether as their direct responsibility or via their direct reports. Additionally, the Producer is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the Publishing Production group whether through improving group-wide processes or spearheading initiatives around training or sharing their institutionalized knowledge.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee, manage and liaise with internal and external resources to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle
- Develop product budgets and schedules and maintain forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying, and resolving overruns with studios, outsourcing partners and other 2K publishing departments
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets through enforcement of milestone approval or disapproval as per established contracts
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with inside and outside teams, such as QA, Localization and Core Tech
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups
- Coordinate with third parties (external developers, platform holders, and marketing partners) to ensure the game is adequately supported from concept through to release
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure synergy between Product Development, Developer and Marketing
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
- Direct management of Assistant and Associate Producer(s) may be required
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3-5+ years of experience in internal or external game development
- Experience shipping titles on Console and PC platforms and thorough knowledge of those platforms
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira
- Experience working with industry-first parties (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo)
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and learn new processes quickly
- Experience building and managing relationships with vendors and other external resources
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong industry understanding and knowledge
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.