Principal Software Engineer - Web3/Blockchain Gaming
Zynga’s web3 gaming studio is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us on our journey! Our team is leading Zynga’s development of web3 games, blending blockchain technology and decades of combined game development experience across AAA and mobile platforms. Our mission is to empower players as owners through fun, high-quality and enduring web3 games they can trust, value and enjoy.
As a PSE, you will work closely with team members across subject areas such as Product, Art and Game Design to develop and launch a brand-new game within the web3 space. Our team encourages critical problem solvers who enjoy fast paced change and innovation.
- Create high quality and performant code, providing our players with an enjoyable experience
- Develop core gameplay systems and interfaces and cloud infrastructure
- Build tools to enable quality of life improvements for the team
- Communicate your progress and offer feedback to your teammates
Desired Experience and Skills
- Previously shipped at least one product in a team environment
- Experience with version source control (e.g. Git, Perforce, Subversion, etc.)
- Proven foundation in data structures, algorithms and software methodologies
- Experience with building highly scalable server side programming in Golang and Node
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) and with Docker / Kubernetes
- Blockchain development (e.g., smart contracts) or crypto games, in Solidity
- Portfolio of game jams or games development experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Game Development or related field
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience in zero to one projects
- Comfortable with innovation in constantly evolving sector
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.