Playtest Development Tester
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
In the Playtest Support Development Tester role you will be involved in both hosting & improving internal Playtest efforts. You will use dev tools to configure playlists and servers to prepare for & support playtests. Additionally you will be supporting test teams in preparing playlists and servers to help validate seasonal content. You will review upcoming seasonal content to prepare and publish content posts to give direction for participants. You will report to the Playtest Development Manager.
- You are comfortable with editing server config files.
- You will help smoke test upcoming playtest candidate builds to ensure stability of key features.
- You will provide support & troubleshooting for internal playtest participants.
- You will field config & playlist requests from various QV Teams to aid in testing efforts.
- You will send regular reports, highlighting playtest stability & encountered issues to key stakeholders.
- Recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features.
- Capture and update process knowledge through wikis, documents.
- 1 year+ experience with software quality assurance concepts and debugging processes.
- Server configuration experience.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA.
- Passionate about learning.
- At least 1 year of experience in a computer science or tech related role.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.