PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for an Outsourcing Artist to join our team! This individual is responsible for reviewing/managing art assets from external vendors who will create assets to be used by the art team. This includes supplying clear and actionable feedback on the art creation process during development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates comprehensive Outsourcing (OS) packages to send to external art vendors, with guidance from the OS Lead, and OS Manager.
- Provides clear and actionable feedback and optimizations to vendors at key stages of asset creation: high/low poly, material/textures, and final delivery phases.
- Helps direct vendors work on multiple asset types including but not limited to hard surface, vehicles, weapons, and materials, under guidance and direction from the OS Lead, OS Manager, Art Director, and Lead Artists.
- Works closely with artists to ensure block-out models and reference images are provided for all OS work with external partners.
- Creates game ready assets that align to the art style of specific game.
- Has intricate knowledge of art tools and best practices for building assets for the following programs: Maya/Max, Substance Painter/Designer, Zbrush, Photoshop.
- Able to maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Artists.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Five plus years related experience and/or training; and/or combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills: Strong skills in modeling, baking and UV layout in Maya, Max, or equivalent. Strong skills in texture and material creation with Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer. Experience with ZBrush.
Other Skills: Has the ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized. Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules. Has a strong ability to multitask and self-prioritizing to-do lists. Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team. Prior experience working with external vendors is required.
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.