Mobile Lead Developer
Product Madness is one of the world’s largest mobile game studios, with a global presence. Founded in 2007, we’re today a top-grossing leader in social casino mobile games that are crafted with passion and commitment. Our ambition is to entertain millions of players around the world with our remarkable titles that include Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lighting Link and FaFaFa™ Gold.
We are Mad about games and the way they bring people together, and that passion and culture is what holds us together as a studio, connects us with the partners we collaborate with, and is what links us to our sister studios across the world.
Job Posting Title
Mobile Lead Developer
We are currently looking to hire a Lead Developer with mobile experience to join our Core Technologies team. You will be leading a group of core developers to help build our game portfolio, supporting tools and technologies. The ideal candidate will have solid technical background as a software engineer, delivery of mobile apps, SDKs and libraries experience, passion for leading, mentoring, coaching team members. As a Team Pod lead, you will work closely with the other teams (Pods), Software Architect, Engineering Manager and our Product team to drive engineering excellence for a global engineering team to support high performance using agile methodologies.
Your team(Pod) is a part of a department which is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure software of mobile games within a matrix organization. Each development team is part of a business unit with a certain level of autonomy to drive innovation and engage their player base.
This is a role that will suit a solid software engineer who will help and guide the team for the delivery goals, ensure the best practices and principles applied, mentor and coach engineers so they grow in their careers, and have a focus on great people and cross team practices.
What You’ll Do
- Experience in native mobile development, or proficiency, in either Objective C, Swift Java, Kotlin.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering principles and design, SOLID and OOP.
- Experience with mobile platforms ,operating systems and infrastructure
- Experience in building flexible and reusable systems
- Highly experienced with automated testing
- Proficient with CI and SCM
- Exemplary communication skills
- Team leading experience is a plus
What We’re Looking For
- Design and build core infrastructure software for the mobile platforms.
- Collaborate with a team of developers, Technical Product Owner, Project Manager and Software Architect to define, design, and ship new features or improvements.
- Be responsible for the delivery of your team, ensure that developers have what they need to do the team’s work.
- Work with other teams (pods), facilitate collaboration and cross-team knowledge sharing.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies, patterns, libraries etc. to maximise development efficiency
- Conduct Code Reviews for the tasks finished by the team members.
- Provide leadership, management, coaching and mentoring for the team.
- Stimulate hiring, training, performance reviews and careers plans for team members.
Why Product Madness ?
Product Madness is so much more than just a Pool table and a foosball game.
We believe in an honest and transparent approach with our teammates. Company wide weekly Town Halls, All Hands and strategy meetings are just a few ways in which we encourage an open and honest path to achieving complete transparency.
Despite a pandemic, there isn’t a day where we don’t feel connected to one another.
With frequent events, workshops, giveaways, slack coffee and donut sessions we have definitely brought on our office culture to this new virtual world of zoom calls.
We also try to cater for all our staff’s needs – be that a freshly brewed cappuccino made by our professional barista in our free coffee shop or by providing a bountiful supply of tasty snacks to keep us refueled and buzzing.
We love to organise plenty of social get-togethers and action-packed activity days, be it slipping inside an inflatable bumper ball for a mad session of football zorbing or throwing caution to the wind and traversing giddy treetop rope courses at Go Ape. On top of these team-building activities, our lunch and learn workshops, not to mention the lavish Christmas and summer parties, foster that ‘work hard, play hard’ mantra. Our offices are based in the heart of the metropolises of London and Lviv, surrounded by an abundance of diversity and inspiration to keep those ideas flowing.
- People FirstWe have the deepest respect for our people and their well being. We know they are exceptionally talented and will always have a choice. We want them to re-choose us every day. We are committed to building a culture where each person’s voice will always be heard and addressed.
- MAD for MoreAlways improving, innovating and never settling for the existing. We push all boundaries with courage and ambition to become the world’s best games company.
- Champion Together We excel at what we do but yet remain humble and helpful to our teammates. We champion one another and hold each other to high standards without any egos.
- Globally InclusiveWe are all Equal – regardless of the language we speak, where we live, our gender, religion or culture we come from. We want to build a global home, where everyone has the equal opportunity to make an impact.
- Customer FocusedWe always think from the customer’s perspective – be it players or internal customers.Improving their experience and joy is what drives us. Every client’s success is our big win!