Marketing Artist - (PC & Console)
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join Scathe, Die by the Blade, Eternal Hope and TENS! This role would be working in the PC and Console team (PCC).
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Marketing Artist on the Creative Services team in the PC & Console (PCC) publishing department you’ll be making; logos, print-ready assets, digital ads, GIFs, and a wide variety of other materials that all contribute to helping with the marketing, awareness and promotion of our games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I create eye-catching visuals that make Kwalee’s PC and Console games stand out in the market.”
What you will really be doing
- Creating dynamic and static graphics for our released and upcoming PC and Console games;
- Iterating on designs, assets, layouts, etc, in response to PCC team members, market research, developer feedback or external consumer feedback;
- Strategising, conceptualising and designing imagery for campaigns with other PCC department team members.
- Executing imaginative, appealing visuals with great attention to detail and delivered to agreed deadlines.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including industry veterans Jason Falcus (developer) and Max Everingham (publisher).
Skills and Requirements
- 2 plus years of experience as a Marketing Artist making digital assets / graphics;
- Experience using Illustrator, Photoshop, other Adobe Suite products;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work collaboratively and positively with other PCC dept team members;
- A keen eye for layout, design, typography and colour;
- Ability to create eye-catching, engaging, visual designs for our marketing materials and campaigns;
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at once and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced, creative team;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, able to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for PC and console games;
- Expertise with After Effects, Premiere Pro, Maya (or similar 3D software), etc.;
- Experience with either Unity or Unreal Engine;
- Animation experience.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days – work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.