While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
The Role Working within our multi – discipline art team, you will be collaborating with Art Direction and Design to ensure our maps are fun to play and look visually impressive.
As a Splash Dam age Lighting Artist, you will:
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Artists to keep artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style for the game
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay require ments, and with Tech Art to manage a balance between aesthetic quality and performance requirements
- Help to drive narrative storytelling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
Essential expe rience
- Great artistic knowledge and ability to devise creative lighting solutions
- Experience working with lighting in Unreal Engine 4
- A strong understanding of the lighting process, especially regarding static lighting, light map creation, an understandi ng of light diffusion, atmospherics, global illumination and PBR
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development
- Strong traditional art skills or photography
- Good understanding of physicall y based rendering
- Ability to participate in R&D of new techniques and implement them into the production pipeline
- Expertise in Post processing; colour grading, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves, HDR, etc.
Splash Damage is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.