Lead UI/UX Designer
We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
- Able to overlap with the GMT UK timezone and hours of 10am – 5pm
- Our common company language is English and applicants must be able to communicate in this language fluently
- Must be able to travel to London for in-person company events/workshops 2-5 times a year without a requirement of a visa or long-haul travel
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a hands-on Lead UI/UX Designer to manage and develop our UI/UX team to craft innovative features for the future of mobile fashion games.
Reporting to the VP of Product, you will lead and support your team in working from design concepting through to interface delivery of game features: working with game designers and Product Managers to outline the specifications, create user flows and wireframes. You will collaborate with engineers and artists to make your designs come to life in Unity, and ship these to millions of users.
We’re looking for a player-centred and delivery oriented Lead UI/UX Designer who is passionate about building teams, mobile games and who understands what it takes to launch, grow and scale a mobile free to play game. We like to move fast, test things and get stuck in together to build the world’s top mobile fashion game, while keeping our players at the core of what we do.
What you will do..
- Drive the UI/UX and the team delivering it for our new game.
- Provide your team actionable feedback at various project stages to improve the output, efficiency, and quality of their UI/UX execution and deliverables.
- Turn high level features into actionable tasks with and for your team
- Work with game designers to translate concepts into user flows and wireframes
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and documentation to clearly convey design ideas and direction
- Present and pitch designs to key stakeholders, gather feedback and assess impact
- Develop the look and feel of the UI in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure brand alignment, design consistency, functionality and accessibility throughout the product
- Triage, prioritise and allocate tasks to your team with the support of the Producer and PM
- Audit, manage and improve Processes / Pipelines / Teams performance
- Maintain UI/UX documentation, libraries and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Support the commit and deliver mindset for your team
- Work closely with our engineers to ensure proper implementation of the designs
- Stay up to date on the fashion and lifestyle gaming market and competitors’ titles.
What you will bring…
- 5+ years’ UI/UX experience working in a mobile games company with at least 2 as a Lead
- A solid portfolio of mobile games or apps showing creative, user-centred solutions with effective UI. Please be specific in which elements of the project were made by you.
- A business and user-centric approach to design
- Experience on leading, driving, staffing and developing a team of UI/UX designers/artists
- An open mind and good communication skills are a must, you are a team player
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organised working habits
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt quickly and easily to change
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex designs into clear wireframes and user flows
- Experience in Figma, Sketch or similar prototyping and mockup tools
- Love for creative collaboration and ability to take constructive criticism
- Knowledge of UX design processes
- Ability to present your ideas thoughtfully in both written and visual format
- Interests in Fashion and luxury design is a strong plus
Bonus points if you have…
- Lifestyle games or apps in your portfolio
- Experience working within Unity
- Worked on games targeted at a female audience
- Experience working on games in which players can create content
What you will get in return (UK Employees)
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More About DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centred around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.