Wizards of the Coast
Lead Gameplay Engineer (Skeleton Key)
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Lead Gameplay Engineer to join us and build and manage a diverse team of engineers that will be tasked with helping concept, build, and implement functional and fun gameplay systems.
Reporting to the Technical Director you will play a meaningful role as we concept and kick off pre-production. You’ll guide the studio toward building high quality gameplay, combat, and AI systems for our exciting new project. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and conscientious Lead Gameplay Engineer with deep knowledge of developing AAA games.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading, managing and developing a team of Gameplay and AI engineers.
- Close collaboration with game directors, to help define and promote the gameplay vision from a technical standpoint.
- Work with production, engineers, design and art team leads to accurately estimate effort and deliver high quality results.
- Provide high quality code review feedback.
- Ensure the delivery of solutions by the gameplay and AI engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements.
- Ensure coding standards are met, and enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation.
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years experience developing AAA titles.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead, Senior, or Principal Gameplay Engineer on AAA titles.
- Expertise in several of the following domains: Animation, Artificial Intelligence, 3C.
- Excellent command of the C++ programming language.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Extensive experience working with large multiplatform engines.
- Initiative to push boundaries and an ambition to craft something outstanding.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV. As part of the application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.