Lead Gameplay Engineer
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with designers, artists and gameplay programmers to implement the vision of the game
- Analyze feature requests for viability, design completeness and risks
- Participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions
- Collaborate with a distributed gameplay engineering team in multiple locations
- Prioritise and manage the local gameplay engineering team’s daily tasks
- Maintain a collaborative and creative spirit in your teams
- Ensure the local gameplay engineering team works within the constraints of the existing game engine to meet performance and quality benchmarks
- Drive the maintenance and documentation of gameplay features and systems
- Ensure that the team’s code meets the project’s coding standards to deliver high quality and maintainable code
- Mentor, oversee and manage the career growth of direct reports
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Good command of C++ programming, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Control of 3D mathematics and their use in gameplay systems
- Experience implementing various gameplay mechanics in a video game
- An interest in game design and what makes an effective gameplay mechanic
- Autonomous, problem-solving, and open-minded attitude
- Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
- Some experience mentoring or managing gameplay engineers
- An ability to adapt to new situations and make necessary changes
- A calm demeanour when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand)
- An understanding of video game production with the ability to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft’s key environmental Commitments: Climate change is an urgent problem that affects us all, and Ubisoft is committed to doing its part to protect our planet by reducing our carbon emissions and inspiring our communities to take action. Played by millions around the world, video games can give players tools to learn more about sustainability and mobilise them to act on climate change. We believe that we will only make progress through collective effort: that’s why Ubisoft is actively working with other video game companies to move our industry forward through the UN’s Playing for the Planet Alliance.
This role can be either onsite or remote (within Australia). We do not sponsor VISA.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy’s The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.