Graduate Game Designer
Reporting to the Design Director, your role is to design and create game mechanics built around our M2 technology and Unreal Engine. You will work closely with other disciplines to bring your design from paper designs and prototypes to release.
This is an ideal role for candidates who are new to the games industry and looking to gain valuable experience in a professional studio, run by seasoned industry veterans. You should be open to new ideas and methodologies, keen to develop your skills in a production led environment, as well as being an individual who wants to be part of a diverse and creative team.
Areas of Impact
- You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and iterating gameplay mechanics under the direction of an experienced team.
- You’ll receive direction from the creative and design leads to guide your ideas, and have ownership of working within the direction together with artists, programmers and producers
- We believe that proof of fun is in the build, and we rely on you to deliver gameplay experiences in playable prototypes. Once we’ve found the right loops, you will tweak, balance and iterate together with other disciplines.
- We believe that listening to our players is important. You’ll be responsible for listening to playtest feedback and gathering data to inform your interactions.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Great game design skills, shown either via your studies or extracurriculars such as game jams and modding
- Experience in communicating your ideas via stories, drawings and presentations
- Experience with a game engine such as Unity or, ideally, Unreal
- A passion for games and gaming
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.