The Gameplay Programmer plays an important role in bringing our games to life. The ideal candidate will be approachable and enthusiastic when it comes to discussing requirements from people from a variety of disciplines. Reporting to the Lead Programmer, the ideal candidate will be able to fluently translate designs into technical descriptions of tasks, doing so with a panache that comes from a knowledge and enthusiasm for games, especially mobile gaming.
The ideal candidate will be very much a self-starter, capable of showing initiative and a willingness to develop their skills and knowledge; taking on more complex tasks when their Lead Programmer assigns them.
- An analytical mind
- Communicates well with people from different backgrounds
- Open minded and humble
- Flexible and adaptable to unfolding project needs
- Passionate about Gaming!
- Define the steps necessary to deliver on an assigned task and executing on them.
- Accurately estimate time required to deliver on tasks
- Identify risks associated with tasks
- Participate in regular code reviews
- Proficient in C# with good understanding of object oriented development
- Debugging and problem solving
- Experience of common algorithms, design patterns and data structures
- Understanding of the constraints working on mobile games brings
- Can analyse an existing module of reasonable complexity and extend it
- Minimum of 3 years games programming experience
- 2 years’ experience with Unity
- Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title
- Worked in an agile environment
- Experience of UnityUI development
- Worked on multi-platform products
- Experience developing F2P Mobile products
- Understanding of LiveOps requirements
Ubisoft Future Games of London is a Ubisoft studio that designs, develops and operates free-to-play mobile and digital console games. Founded in September 2009, Ubisoft FGOL create original and unique games such as the Hungry Shark series which has been enjoyed by over half a billion people worldwide.
We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a forward thinking studio in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
Over the next 5 years, we expect to be typically developing two to three projects in parallel, with regularly scheduled new releases added to our catalogue.