CCP Games is looking for a talented, passionate Gameplay Engineer to join our team in London building a new and highly ambitious online shooter. We are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools. Experience developing Gameplay for multiplayer, action-oriented combat games is a must.
As a Gameplay Engineer you will utilize your passion, creativity, and technical acumen to build the heart and soul of our game. You will report to the Lead Gameplay Engineer and work with Production and Design on a daily basis to craft the vision of core Gameplay.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board.
- Give direct input on the feature roadmap
- Identify any technical roadblocks and suggest solutions
- Develop a range of Gameplay features and game systems, primarily in Unreal Engine / C++
- Design and implement maintainable and expandable game systems
- Work closely with other programmers to find great technical solutions
- Work closely with designers to flesh out features and create good Gameplay feel
- Work closely with other disciplines such as animators and artists to provide code support
- Continual learning about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practice
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning your own work
- Participate in code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge
- Bug fixing and optimization, including at the engine level.
- Experience developing Gameplay features in AAA PC/console teams
- A passion for playing and building video games!
- Significant professional experience with C++
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine / Blueprint
- Versatility and pro-activity, a willingness to contribute to a wide range of engineering tasks
- Experience in the technical design, implementation and maintenance of game systems, such as traversal, AI, navigation, combat or real-time networking
- Experience with software debugging and optimisation.
What we can offer you:
If you join us you’ll enjoy a number of company benefits, including: free lunches, drinks and snacks, a family friendly work environment with flexible work hours, annual sports and transportation grants, employer contributory pension plan, private medical and dental, life insurance, a bonus scheme based on company performance, and frequent team events.
At CCP we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusiveness and equality – if this role appeals to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you have 100% of the desired experience.