Come work on totally rad games with the Beamdog dream team! We’re the devs behind MythForce— the 80s cartoon rogue-lite fit for Saturday mornings— and our catalogue of classics includes beloved Dungeons & Dragons RPGs, like Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition .
We’re looking for an Unreal Engine 4 Programmer to help us craft exciting new titles!
As a member of the game team, you’ll work alongside designers and artists to develop games on multiple platforms by programming, optimizing, offering analysis and problem-solving for our upcoming games.
With your experience building games with the Unreal Engine, you’ll champion excellence in Unreal Engine 4 development and best practices on the team.
- Develop game features and tools in Unreal Engine 4
- Build, improve, and maintain scalable Blueprints
- Work with development leads to build Unreal Engine expertise across the studio
- Identify and recommend solutions to technical problems in implementations
- Help research and evaluate new plugins, approaches, and patterns in Unreal Engine 4
- Write unit, functional, or integration tests for features you deliver
- Assist your team in keeping technical documentation well maintained
- Work with technical leads to improve our Unreal Engine 4 subsystems and components
- At least 1 year of experience building games with Unreal Engine
- Excellent knowledge of modern C++ and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use Blueprints effectively
- Thorough understanding of Unreal Engine 4 design patterns
- Effective in creative and dynamic team environments that iterate quickly on ideas
- Proven track record of delivering professional-quality work
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Comfortable working in Docker and Jenkins based build environments
- Specialty in one of the following areas would be considered a great asset:
- Gameplay mechanics and ability systems
- Rendering and Graphics
- Multiplayer and Networking
- UI and UX
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Opportunity to work on and develop a new and exciting IP
- Work from anywhere within Canada or come join us in Edmonton!
- 3 weeks of flexible vacation plus a 1-week holiday closure per year.
- Generous sick and personal days
- Flexible working hours
- NO CRUNCH policy
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits
- Health & wellness spending account
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing huma n differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.