Our Development Directors coach and inspire our cross functional development, and our single purpose service teams to be coordinated, focussed, well supported and autonomously aware of a project’s boundaries.
As a Development Director at Criterion you will be expected to bring software and game development experience, curiosity and a flexibility to find the right solution for the teams to excel. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of a Triple A game development software process and have experienced all the intricate and nuanced activities that a successful game is dependent on.
A Criterion Development Director shows a passion for communication, presenting an openness and generosity that will help inspire their teams. The ability to reflect a calm, patient presence in a highly charged and stressful development is essential alongside a ‘toolbox’ of project management processes, frameworks and techniques so that the right tool for the job is always available.
- Coach, motivate and inspire the team
- Support a team during planning and delivery
- Assist the team in their reporting
- Aid in team and project communication
- Understand and communicate the relationships between the team, their goals and the wider project
- Champion the best fitting delivery methodology for the team
- Represent team issues effectively
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Recent and proven project management experience within a creative game development environment
- Demonstrable track record in game software delivery projects
- Excellent understanding of a creative life cycle
- A deep understanding of various project management methodologies
- Experience of working in an Agile framework
- Ability to inspire, influence and communicate effectively at all levels