A Little Bit about Kwalee…
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- A dog friendly office (There’s dog-free areas too, if pooches aren’t your thing)
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Private medical cover – delivered through BUPA
- Life Assurance – for long term peace of mind
- On site gym – take care of yourself
- Relocation support – available
- VISA Sponsorship – available
- Quarterly Team Building days – we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Ninja Warrior
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- Kwalee Artificial Intelligence (K.A.I) – win prizes for proposing useful AI initiatives
- An amazingly well equipped office with ping pong, darts, pool tables and video games while keeping refreshed with free snacks and a stocked kitchen (we have every kind of milk imaginable)
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As the Creative Director, you will hold significant influence in the senior marketing management team as you lead a team of 30+ in the production of highly effective user acquisition, brand and events campaigns including video, static, social and playable ads for our world leading hypercasual, casual and PC / Console gaming verticals.
Your Team Mates
The Creatives team are imaginative talents who create media content in our efforts to boost the marketing performances for our Kwalee games. Our work gets audiences to connect with us, advertises our chart-topping games, and highlights Kwalee as a global games industry expert. What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Developing and actioning design methodologies and creative best practice processes to ensure our creative team is working efficiently, developing high-performing ad campaigns and optimising these campaigns to improve ROI through a tight creative testing & feedback loop
- Ability to juggle multiple campaigns and projects across numerous media channels and communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders to ensure deadlines and quality control KPIs are met
- Working as the key stakeholder within the creative team and primary contact point for those outside of the department
- Handling internal structure, individual growth and general skills development within the creative team
- Motivating a well-established team of marketing design experts, listening to their expertise while imparting your own knowledge and experience to elevate the team and campaign performance
- Setting targets for the team for both quality of output and quantity of campaigns based on actionable data and taking responsibility for meeting these targets
Your Hard Skills
- 4+ years as a leader of a large team, preferably in the fields of marketing ad campaign design or gaming UA ad design
- Experience setting both high-level and personal goals and evidence of achieving these goals through tight KPI tracking
- Natural Communication skills. You’re a proven leader with the ability to motivate and guide creative designers from graduate level up to senior designers
- A passion for mobile gaming and digital advertising
- Experience heading a marketing creative team in the mobile gaming space would be a significant advantage
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative design team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best, including performance management of your team and client liaison with stakeholders in other dependent departments to ensure the feedback loop of what works best for successful UA ad creative is constantly evaluated, documented and circulated
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently and to the highest quality standard, we’ll get it for you
- Experience across Casual mobile games, Hypercasual mobile game UA advertising creative/ design plus PC/ Console games marketing is a significant plus
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all genders, races and backgrounds – and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues. We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee…
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!