Assistant Game Director – Assassin's Creed
As an Associate Game Director, you’ll have the important mission to support the game director, who must ensure that the game systems properly convey the creative vision and that the vision remains an integral part of the target player experience.
You will also assist the game director in reaching the strategic design objectives set out for a project by guiding conceptual application in the game. While your designers focus on their areas of ownership, you’ll pay attention to the larger picture, overseeing the game’s overall outcome: progression, pace, balance, and – of course – quality.
You will ensure that all elements related to design work together cohesively to fit the intended experience and make it rich and fun.
What you’ll do
- Work with the game director to ensure that the game design meets the vision that was set out.
- In collaboration with the director, help define best design methods for the project and inform the design team.
- Communicate quality and content expectations to the design team on a regular basis so that the systems take constraints onto account in order to ultimately create the optimum user experience for target players.
- Coordinate first-level validations for the elements that are produced based on the game designer’s vision and/or follow up on and validate the data to guide the development of game systems and levels based on the game designer’s vision.
- Translate the rational game design elements into elements that can be used by the level designer.
- Support the level design director in translating and deploying the game design elements into operable elements for the level designer.
- For multi-studio projects, harmonize design across all sites and help carry out tasks assigned to other design teams whenever applicable.
What you bring
- A college diploma (AEC) in video game design and production or equivalent
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a game designer or any other relevant experience
- Experience in supervising a team of game designers (an asset)
- Client/user focus
- Tons of creativity
- Influence and positive leadership
- Openness and ability to build consensus
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate a vision
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
- Samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there’s no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends… joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We’re looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are working on some amazing projects: have you ever heard of the legendary and acclaimed franchise Assassin’s Creed?
Interested? We’re waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.