3D UX UI Designer
About Us: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
Our Games: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
Our Values: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
Role Overview: We are looking for a passionate 3D UI/UX Designer who enjoys working on an agile and fast-paced team that is bringing high-quality 3D VR/AR projects to life.
This is a full-time, 6 months fixed-term contract position with the possibility of being extended. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original game concepts and Game UI to life in an immersive experience. You are comfortable working in a 3D environment and 3D creation tools. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Create 3D UI and interfaces for a VR environment.
- Ability to Practice implement player-centric UX in Games.
- Assist in prototyping spaces and interactions in VR.
- Testing for scale and usability while working with artists to concept and model the User Interface (UI).
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering in developing efficient UI systems.
- Collaborate with Game Design in developing user-friendly experiences.
- Inform the Lead UI/UX Designer of any identified opportunities/improvements in current designs and iterate on new solutions.
- Assist in coordinating usability testing and create action plans for Users.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a UI/UX Designer, and with a minimum of one game shipped (or worked on in your portfolio).
- Portfolio to show a variety of UI styles and projects.
- Portfolio to show ability to create 3D UI and interfaces.
- Visual Arts degree preferred Visual design background or a 3D Design capability for Game UI, Web, or Mobile app development.
- Basic familiarity using a 3D game engine (Unity 3D or Unreal Engine ).
- Familiarity with Social VR & 3D creation and prototyping tools & apps such as Microsoft Maquette/Recroom/Gravity Sketch etc.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or similar (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Understanding of Player/User-Centred Design ideology.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and iterative setting.
- Excellent ability to communicate your ideas & design decisions.
- Experience with user-centric design and the ability to create easy-to-understand user flows and diagrams.
- Continuous learning attitude and ability to learn new tools and processes.
- An interest in VR/AR/MR games and the latest trends in this industry.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with VR/AR immersive media.
- Experience working in 3D modeling software such as Blender or Maya.
- Interest in Free To Play minigames and VR environment.
Benefits & Perks – What’s in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- 4% vacation pay.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by the employer).
- Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.