Explore a series of interactive works that champion positive mental health outcomes and delve into mental health issues faced by the wider community, including:
- Waumananyi: The Song on the Wind, an Anangu-led response to the experiences of constraint, entrapment, and depression through the traditional story (or ‘tjukurpa’) of ‘The Man in the Log’
- The Visit, an intimate interactive engagement with the complex emotional and perceptual world of dementia
- Being Debra, a window into the lived experience of a person with dwarfism in contemporary Australian society
- Parragirls, Past Present, a deeply moving immersive experience presenting former residents’ contemporary visions of Parramatta Girls Home, an Australian child welfare institution that closed in 1974
- EmbodiMap, a therapeutic/research tool that enables users to engage with and map their feelings, thoughts and emotions and how these are experienced within the body.
For more information, visit Melbourne International Games Week